Hello! I'm Shelby Proznick, your Celebrate Summer host! I am a small-town Saskatchewan Girl who now calls Manitoba home. I love getting out into the community to meet new people while participating in a few adventures along the way.
If you haven't already, you will soon see me at a nearby fair or festival handing out Blue Moon water from our summer cruiser. My main goal is to bring you a little piece of the fun and excitement from community and rural events that you may be unable to attend. All event coverage will be posted to Portage Online. We plan to attend numerous events and festivals, however, I may not be able to make all of them. Of course, we will do our best to pass on any and all community events happening in the area. I have already attended the Lundar Fair, which was a blast, and quite a few events that were held here in Portage. Some of the events that I am looking forward to attending this year are:
- The MacGregor Fair this weekend from June 24th to the 26th.
- The Carberry Agricultural fair and Races on the weekend of July 1st to the 3rd.
- The Portage Ex on July 8th to the 10th.
- The Carman Country Fair starts on July 7th to the 10th.
- Austin Threshermans Reunion & Stampede on July 28th to the 31st.
- The Icelandic Festival (Spirit of Iceland) in Gimli is from July 29th to August 1st.
- The Portage Potato Festival on August 5th and 6th.
Those are just a few of the events I am excited to attend this summer, even though we will be at many more.
If you see me at any event, please come up, introduce yourself and say hello. Put your name in our draw box, and you could be a big winner! After most events being called off the past few summers, we are hoping this year will be the best one yet. Let's Celebrate Summer Manitoba!