Photo courtesy of Kaitlyn McDermid
Public swimming at Delta Beach is closed for construction and we're pumped for 2018 when it reopens. In the meantime, w here will you be swimming this summer?
*Please remember to drive slowly, watch for kids and clean up after yourself!*
Hollywood Beach. Photo courtesy of Clorissa Egilson
HWY 50, near Langruth
Drive time: 45 minutes to an hour
Bird watching, camping, bonfire pits and a beautiful beach.
- Clorissa Egilson: Hollywood is beautiful!! And very well maintained the last couple of years. They have so much space and fire pits set up as well. The grass is always cut. It's beautiful.
- Valerie Kirby:Hollywood Beach Is clean, nice, shady with sand bars !!
Minnedosa Beach. Photo courtesy of Trevor Kussner on Facebook
NW of Portage
Drive time: Hour and a half
- Amanda Martin: Minnedosa Beach because it has so much to offer. Fishing, swimming, washrooms, camping, playground, bison, walking, biking, boat launch, food and outdoor fire pits to cook your own food. It's a great place. We love it.
- Kristine Loomis: I usually go to Minnedosa Beach. Lots to do there.
Stephenfield. Photo courtesy of Stephenfield Provincial Park / Resort Campers Facebook Page
Stephenfield Provincial Park
Drive Time: 51 minutes
- Lianne Dion-Gapp: Stephenfield since it's near and we are planning to explore Manitoba this summer so we will see where it takes us :)
St. Ambroise Beach. Photo courtesy of Sheldon Lepine.
St. Ambroise, NE of Portage
Drive time: 40 minutes
This is the top recommended Beach.
- Kaitlyn Cora: St. Ambroise was great last weekend!
- Jessica Fiola: St. Ambroise is the place to be! ??
- Faron Sinclair: St. Ambroise is a nice beach.
- Cynthia Kelly: St. A is our fave!!
- Charla Bullock: St. Ambroise Beach! it's beautiful l
Photo courtesy of Grand Beach Manitoba Facebook Page
Drive time: 2 hours
Grand Beach Provincial Park is one of the best beaches in North America. Windsurf, climb sand dunes and hike through Ancient Beach trails. This is Canada's sixth largest beach on Lake Winnipeg.
- Colleen Boyer : Grand Beach
- Paul Fisette: Grand beach for me
Photo courtesy of Princess May Barlaan Fider on Facebook.
Birds Hill Provincial Park
Drive time: Hour and a half
Volleyball courts, bike trails & home to Folk Fest!
- Tanya Kozar Cote: St. Ambrose, Birds Hill, Clear Lake anywhere the road takes me! Life's an adventure
Take a wild ride down the giant waterslides, “Splash Attack” or “Funnel Tunnel”. Younger children will love the “Bubble Gum Run” and a fun spray area. There's also a lazy river and fountains to splash around in at any age! Free swims: July 19th, August 2nd, August 16th & August 30th from 6 pm – 9 pm. Check open swim times before heading out.
- Janet Peeters: St. Laurent and Splash Island.
- Pam Klassen Anderson: Splash Island
- Robin Helstrom: Splash Island
- Rob Orchard: Going to utilize splash island and maybe the sprinkler.
St. Malo Provincial Park. Photo courtesy of Aloy Villaluz.
If you're up for an adventure, explore more options here, like Evangeline.
- Kayla Hopkins: Margret bruce beach!
- Joella Turner: At the cottage at Big Point! I do love Delta though. So excited for it to be cleaned up.
- Beverly Ann Storie: Steep Rock
- Jenny Sandney: Kiche Manitou in spruce woods. It even has a small dog beach area.
- Sasha Thorsteinson: No beach trip this year yet, wanna make a trip out to Gimli beach though.
- Amber Dawn: St. Malo, Grand Beach, and Pinawa
- Evangeline Chan: Where ever the road takes us. Want to explore Manitoba and find great swimming spots
- Bar Gorelik: Hopefully all around Lake Manitoba, going all around from Gimli to Victoria Beach
Morden Beach. Photo Courtesy of CFAM 950 Facebook Page.
If all else, turn your backyard into your own oasis:
- Freddie Pritchard: With my grand-puppy, if she'll let me . . .
- Amanda Zapotochny: Stephenfield, Morden Beach, backyard... And if the rain pours, the mud puddles behind Canad Inns are epic! Oh yes, proper use of the word Epic there. ?
- Cheryl Turner: Run through the sprinkler with my kids.. lol
- Brittany Young: Running through the sprinkler and slip and slide with my little boy
- Jade Tarr: 8 months pregnant and will be soaking in the kiddie pool in our backyard
Stacey Faye : Probably just my bath tub lol
Check out the ENTIRE post here.