File Photo | Graphic Design by Amber Blume
Camping Hacks 2017
1. Fire Starters: Toilet paper rolls + dryer lint, cotton balls dipped in vaseline, or cotton pads dipped in wax.
2. Cookie racks over your ice in coolers to keep drinks dry and still cold/
3. Glow in the dark bubbles: Break a glow stick, pour its contents into the bubble mix, and have lots of fun!
4. Put all necessary dry ingredients for pancakes/cake/brownies in jars for camping storage.
5. Put glow sticks in your cooler for easy drink grabbing in the night.
6. Fill a pill bottle with quick and ready advil, tylenol, benadryl, and etc.
7. Put your spices in old tic tac containers or sprinkle containers.
8. Stick charcoal for bbqs in empty egg cartons.
9. Put tea tree oil in a water spray bottle to keep ticks away.
10. Stick pool noodles through tent ropes to keep people from tripping over them at night.
11. Strap a head lamp to a gallon jug of water to fill the entire tent with ambient light.
12. Zip tie a pool noodle around the rim of a laundry hamper to use as a makeshift live well.
13. Add sage to your campfires to keep mosquitoes away.
14. Add hooks or a lock into zipper holes to keep tents from being opened.
15. Cut notches into the opposite sides of a reusable plastic container and snap on the lid. This will keep your extension plugs dry if it happens to rain or if the ground is
16. Put glowsticks into waterbottles for outdoor night time bowling.
17. Use a cheap shower cap to put dirty shoes inside.
18. Use clothespins to prevent your toothbrush from touching dirty surfaces.
19. Use suction cup hooks to hang towels on camper sides.
20. Hide unscented dryer sheets under your table runner to keep bees away from food.
21. Use foldable netted laundry hampers as garbage cans while on the go.
22. Use an inflatable lounge bed float as a camping bed.
23. Use a hoola hoop and hang it to create a makeshift shower.
24. Bungie cord a box fan to the ceiling of your sitting area.
25. Purchase a magazine file for any paper goods in your RV or on the table (plates, napkins, etc)
26. Use a pringle can as a pasta holder.
27. Use a lint roller right after being in the woods to get rid of any ticks on your clothing.
28. Keep bugs out of your drinks by sticking a cupcake liner through your straw.
29. Hang christmas lights in your tent for easy lighting.
30. Keep a palette on hand to use as an easy shower deck.