Two sheds caught fire last night at a residence in the 600 block of Tupper Street North.

The Portage Fire Department says they received the 911 call around 7 p.m. last night when someone saw black smoke coming from the residence. When the crew arrived they spent 45 minutes to an hour putting the fire out.

Once the fire was extinguished, they notified Manitoba Hydro, as the power line to the residence had been burned.

There were no injuries from the fire.

firefighter on the sceneFirefighters extinguished the blaze quickly but the sheds still suffered extensive damage